Cemetery Rules & Regulations
Rules and Regulations of the Maple Hill Cemetery Co
1. The name of this cemetery is Maple Hill Cemetery, located in Kansas City, in the county of Wyandotte, Kansas. The Company is chartered to provide and maintain a cemetery for the burial of the dead.
2. The proper officers of the Maple Hill Cemetery Co. may from time to time, sell and dispose of burial lots and graves which shall be used for no other purpose.
3. No interments are allowed until a proper agreement or contract is entered into for the payment of the lot, or grave, and the opening and closing of said lot or grave.
4. Lot owners that do not keep up payment on lots or graves for more than sixty (60) days, shall loose the rights to the property and forfeit all payments made, after proper notice.
5. All graves shall be opened and closed by Maple Hill Cemetery, for which a reasonable fee will be charged.
6. Concrete foundations and underground burial vaults will be constructed by the Company, except for steel and cement vaults, and a reasonable charge will be made for the same.
7. The erection of monuments and markers will not be permitted on lots or graves where there is a balance of the purchase price remaining, due or delinquent.
8. Enclosures of any kind are prohibited on the grounds of the cemetery.
9. Lot owners will not be allowed to outline a lot except by corner stones placed level with the ground, and same to be done by the company, at a reasonable charge therefore.
10. Lot or grave owners are prohibited from placing on same ALL TOYS, CASES, BOXES, GLOBES, SHELLS, BRIC-A-BRAC, ALL GLASS, ALL METAL AND WIRE OBJECTS OF EVERY DESCRIPTION WHATSOEVER; any article so found on same will be removed without notice to the owner.
11. THE MAPLE HILL CEMETERY CO. WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ANY ARTICLE(S) OR OBJECT(S) LEFT UPON ANY LOT OR GRAVE OR IN ANY PART OF THE CEMETERY.
12. ALL ARTICLES WILL BE REMOVED DURING THE MOWING SEASON, UNLESS THEY ARE IN A CEMETERY APPROVED, PERMANENTLY INSTALLED VASE.
13. Potted and artificial arrangements are permitted on holidays after seven (7) days they will be removed. Winter decorations will be removed March 1.
14. All persons are prohibited from planting trees, shrubs, yucca, rose bushes, vines, and such obstructions without specific permission of the superintendent.
15. The Company reserves the right to remove any tree or shrub which by reason becomes detrimental or inconvenient.
16. Mounds are unnecessary and are not permitted. Mounded graves will be taken care of at the expense of the owners. Owners will not be permitted to sod graves.
17. Children are not permitted in the cemetery unless attended by some person who will be responsible for their conduct.
18. Dogs and other pets are not allowed at any time.
19. All persons are prohibited for writing upon, defacing or injuring any monument, tree or structure in or upon the cemetery grounds, or discharging firearms, except at military interments. No person shall disrupt the quiet order of the cemetery by noise or improper conduct, and any one violating the forgoing rules will be compelled to leave.
20. No artificial stone of any kind is permitted. All markers must be bronze or granite. Contact the cemetery office before purchasing a marker or monument for regulations concerning the block it is to be set in. Markers and monuments that are not within these regulations will not be permitted in the cemetery.
21. The cemetery staff will not be held responsible for any orders received by telephone, or for any mistake occurring for want of precise and proper instruction as to the particular space, size and location in a lot where interment is desired.
22. The cemetery staff reserves, and shall have, the right to correct any error made by the staff either on making interments, dis-interments or removals, or the description, transferring conveyance or any interment property either by cancelling such conveyance or transferring property of equal value and similar location as far as possible as may be selected by the staff, or by refunding the amount of money paid on the account of said purchase.
23. Minimum outer container for normal burial is a grave liner. Minimum container for double deep burial is a sealed Delphi or equivalent. Double deep burials must be approved by the Board of Directors and may be denied based on unforeseen problems beyond its control. No steel, plastic or poly type vaults are permitted.
24. The cemetery office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
We ask the public to accept our heartfelt gratitude for past improvements and assist us in carrying out the above rules.
The Board of Directors of The Maple Hill Cemetery Co.